Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Blackthorn Kenilworth NJ Review


customers have spoken....

"Drive by on way to Kenilworth and thought it was just a noisy sports bar. Found it to be a pleasant place with good food. Will come back again"

"Blackthorn is a local restaurant in my neighborhood. I brought a friend from out of town who loved it. Sat my the fireplace, and both of us enjoyed our delicious, fresh entrees".

"Very warm and welcoming atmosphere. Will definitely recommend to friends as a great place to meet, dine, and enjoy a good time!!!"


"Nice decor, pleasant service, easy location right off Rte 22 with loads of free parking."


"Everything, from the moment we walked in, till the moment we walked out, was excellent!!!"

"the service was amazing..the managers were so attentive..our server was the best i've experienced..though Blackthorn is not in my area..i would definitely make the trip to visit again ! excellent !"


"excellent quality and quantity of food. They are always making sure your dining experience is the best they can make it! Highly recommend them to all my friends."

"Our server was great! Everyone was VERY nice and accommodating. We felt comfortable and welcome."

"Great, neighborhood pub. Good food, dependable service. Reminds me of the bar in "Cheers" TV show!"

"Wonderful experience and a GREAT chef! Can't wait to go back."

"Loved everything. Our waiter was great and the food was by far superior than what we expected"

"I visit this establishment for both business and personal events. I am always happy with the service and the food! Thanks"

"Beautiful restaurant inside and out. Food was terrific, seating comfortable, with a large bar and a TV area. We will definitely visit again!"

"We travel from Edison to dine and socialize at the Blackthorn. This will be our 5th year going up the GSP to a GREAT Restaurant & Irish Pub. All the employees are wonderful. Where can you get great food, wonderful atmosphere, great people, and when the check comes its very reasonable... Alane & Ron Levine Edison, NJ"

"It was ST Patrick's Day so Blackthorn was the obvious choice and though they VERY crowded they had everything under control and our server was attentive and very pleasant. Great Job all around!!"

"The restaurant had a very nice decor. The dining area was very pleasant and seperate from the bar area. The staff and management was very attentive and nice."

"The restaurant had a very nice decor. The dining area was very pleasant and seperate from the bar area. The staff and management was very attentive and nice."

"the food here is of the best quality you could imagine. the wait staff is very good and they meet any of your requests/needs. the management is warm and friendly, they treat you like family."

"Loved the oudoor dining area, the live entertainment. Should promote this feature more, we were pleasantly surprised."

"We have eaten there several times and the food is always excellent"

"If it were closer to home would probably eat there more often. It was a wonderful experience."

1 comment:

Falcon said...

I'm giving Blackthorn one star simply because of their outdoor patio (which is nice in the summer) and how good natured and friendly the bouncers are.

I tried setting up a little get together here for my birthday, about 15-20 people. There were two people who were just shy of 21. I figured that would be a bit of an issue since after 10, Blackthorn is 21+. So I called ahead of time and spoke to the manager, Scott, who assured me that my two friends would be given wristbands and just needed to stay away from the bar. Essentially, it would be no big deal.

Wrong.

When we arrived the other manager, Ollie (Ali?), was incredibly rude to not only me but to my friends. He got right up into my face and lectured me on the protocol of his bar, how he could be fined $10k for even letting us inside the door, etc. etc. Then in front of the entire bar he pulled my friends out into the vestibule and continued his rather loud lecture.

He was completely unprofessional as a manager and an extremely rude person in general. To top it off, the one drink I managed to buy was not only mediocre but overpriced.

If you'd like to go there just to say that you have, be my guest. Otherwise, I'd stay far away from this not-even-Irish-Jersey-Shore-wannabe-infested Irish pub.